Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Confessions of a Rubber Stamp Designer.

I make rubber stamps. And as much as I love combining stamps and inks and papers, the one that I secretly love is black ink on a plain brown box. It makes me feel like I have a personalized pre-printed shipping box like amazon.com. I know the ink bleeds a lot on this porous, uneven surface, but I love how it becomes part of the imperfect box that will tumble through the mail system.




I don’t normally write this blog from the first person. I just think there are so many great blogs that do. Blogs with clever and creative posts everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. And it’s not that I don’t have something to say as a mom or handmade artist, I just want this blog to be about sharing simple ideas a few times a month. It won’t clog up your google reader, and hopefully it gives you the occasional piece of inspiration. Or in this case a reminder that a simple usage of a stamp can sometimes be a favorite.

Dawn
Butterfly Fly

No comments:

Post a Comment